Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Tunes

     Welcome to another edition of the Tuesday Tunes blog hop hosted by Holli at "Holli's Hoots and Hollers" and Lauren at "Outside the Frame".  This is a blog hop I always look forward to each week.  Thank you to both of you ladies for thinking up this brilliant idea!

       Since Valentine's Day is only days away and my husband is home, it seems only fitting that my mind drifts to the romantic songs that we chose to be played at our wedding.   John Berry's "Your Love Amazes Me" has always been "our" song and is the first song that comes to mind today.



        Another song that I chose for our wedding has become especially poignant lately as my husband and I find each other both getting older and facing health issues.  We have been through a lot together, both good times and bad.  I can't imagine going through life without that man of mine.  Bryan Adams song "Everything I Do, I Do it for You" sums up my feelings for my husband as the years have passed by.  The lyrics still ring as true today as they did back then.



       Both songs drip with love and romance and are appropriate with Valentine's Day looming.  As I think about the lyrics of both songs, I can think of no better tribute to my husband and our marriage than this weeks Tuesday Tunes offerings.  


12 comments:

  1. "Everything I Do" has always been my song for my children.. Great songs. Glad your hubby is home for Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I love these songs! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Lovely music to listen at 5 am :) Have a great Valentine's Day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne, I am so pleased you enjoyed them. They remind me of my husband. Happy Valentine's Day to you!!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Enjoy Valentine's day with your husband, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, it has been the best Valentines Day ever simply because we were together. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, it's the love month once again. Love that song by Bryan Adams too. Reminds me of college days. :-) Thanks for dropping by @ iHeart Good Health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aileen, I love Bryan Adams. I had several of his cassette tapes back in the day that I literally wore out! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  5. I've tried the song and song quote thing with my guy because I hear lots of stuff that reminds me of him and our amazing relationship but he's not at all into music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, what a pity! Maybe one of these days you will find your song! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  6. I love both songs you chose Kathy. Talk about songs that ooze with love and romance. So happy you have your wonderful husband to share life's ups and downs with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, me too. I can't imagine life without him. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete