Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday Tunes: Best Songs Ever!

     It’s Tuesday and long past time for some tunes.  I will be honest; I haven’t really been in the mood to write.  Sometimes you have to step on back when the words don’t flow and do other things.  This morning the itch is back…and I am up at the butt crack of dawn rocking out to songs on YouTube and picking my selections for today.


      When I am looking for songs for Tunes Tuesday my criteria is always to pick the best song ever so it makes sense that I would start it off with this little gem from One Direction.   The video itself takes a while to get going since it is one of those mini movie things.  Bottom line it stresses the point that the best possible choice is to be yourself…and that ultimately will be the best choice.  “The Best Song Ever” is catchy and ultimately upbeat and a way to get the party started.



       Anyone that is a regular here knows that I am a pretty big Imagine Dragons fan.  I love their music, plain and simple.  They have a great sound.  Today I am spotlighting their song “Demons”.  I love this song because we all have demons.  I love the reference in the song that if you would just look deep into my eyes you will see where my demons lie.  No matter how together you appear, everyone has demons hiding right below the surface behind the smiles.  It reminds us to live life with compassion and I love that.






       Last but not least I would like to share a Carrie Underwood song that is high up on my play list these days.  “See You Again” really resonates with me deeply.  Every single day of my life it seems I live for the day I can see my parents again.  On August 12, it will be 20 years since I last hugged my mom and spoke to her.  It is overwhelming and soul crushing to think it has been that long.  There isn’t a day that doesn’t go by that I don’t miss my mom, that I don’t miss her laugh that lit her whole face up.  That anniversary is coming up in 6 days and as the years have passed it has got easier.  Equally hard to believe is that 9 whole years have passed since I last laughed with my Dad.  My Dad could make a saint soak their panties in amusement.   He could be that funny.  Almost all of the 16 years I have been married to my husband have been spent apart due to his job.  It is part of life and you learn how to roll with it.   So, you can see why I love this song. 




      So I leave you this Tuesday satisfied after several days of silence that once again thanks to the power of music my gift for words has returned.  Hope you will crank up the volume on your computer speakers and let the music take you where it will until next time!

14 comments:

  1. What a fun series! New to your blog through facebook. I'll definitely be back for more Tuesday musical inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, this is one of my favorite types of post and I look forward to Tuesday Tunes all week long. Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Bless your heart! Music is a divine gift! Thank you for reminding us of the ways it blesses our lives! I lost my dad 17 yrs ago. His memory and love are with me always. Loved reading about your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta, I love music. I am so pleased you enjoyed it. I think we carry their memory with us forever. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. nice selection of songs kathy :) .. and loved your emotion attached with each one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukupedia, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Kathy, awesome music blog!

    Funny enough, my daughter just went to a 1D concert last week and two months prior went to Imagine Dragons in San Francisco. She loves their music and she has turned me onto it too. You've really motivated me to get back into my music. Maybe I'll do a music post today too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachlover, lucky her!! I really enjoy putting together my music blogs. They are a lot of fun. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. I cried unbelievably when I first heard the Carrie Underwood song ~ having lost both of my parents also, at what seems too young of an age, I understand soul crushing, brings me to tears right now :( ~ Thanks for sharing your tunes ~ Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi, it is such a moving song. I cry too when I hear it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Talya, So pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Great post!! Totally love all of your music selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete